Brands are constantly searching for ways to make the customer experience easier and more rewarding. After all, a better shopping experience will increase customer loyalty, visits, and spend.
Many of the latest industry developments are covered in the new Paytronix e-book: Convenience Is the New Currency: How Decreasing Friction Increases Profits.
In business terms, “friction” refers to how easy or difficult it is for a consumer to reach the end goal of making a purchase. Every element that makes an experience less convenient adds friction. However, many business owners are entirely unaware of exactly how much friction their average customer experiences with each transaction. Decreasing friction not only increases sales and brand loyalty, but it can also lure shoppers away from competitors.
Here are five technologies that can help create a frictionless shopping experience:
- Mobile Payments – Allowing customers to pay using their mobile phones may be one of the easiest ways to start decreasing friction.
- Ordering Ahead – A natural next step after creating mobile payment options is enabling mobile and online ordering so that customers can avoid waiting in lines.
- Delivery – Customers have come to expect delivery options that let them get what they want when they want it.
- Kiosks – For simple tasks like looking up a price, signing up for a rewards program, and even making a purchase, it can make sense to “outsource” the work to self-serve kiosks.
- Scan-and-Go – Customers select the items that they would like to buy, and instead of waiting in line or at a kiosk, they simply scan their mobile phones just before leaving the store to make their purchase.
Restaurants and c-stores that adopt these new technologies improve the convenience of the shopping experience. As a result, they see increases in customer loyalty, visits, and spend.
To learn more, download our new e-book: Convenience Is the New Currency: How Decreasing Friction Increases Profits.