The pandemic changed a lot about our culture and society, but one thing that didn’t falter was Americans’ love for ice cream. In fact, the frozen treat saw a sort of renaissance in 2020, as Food & Wine reported in its annual list of the best ice cream in every state.
Many unlikely entrepreneurs, like the magazine’s featured source, Salvatore Caruso, found themselves diving into ice cream-making as a hobby until it became something bigger, setting off a wave of new ice cream endeavors nationwide. The outlet reports that more than half a dozen ice cream makers popped up in New Orleans alone last year – good news for anyone with a sweet tooth.
Paytronix data lends credence to Food & Wine’s finding: Memorial Day Weekend sales were up 37% over weekend sales year-to-date, representing a 74% increase over the bump in sales over the same holiday period in 2020. […]
As the nation celebrates its 35th annual Women’s History Month, Paytronix is reflecting on the brilliant female leaders across the company.
From software developers to sales account managers to product owners, women make up 33% of the Paytronix workforce – a figure on par with tech industry leaders like Apple, Google, and Microsoft.
Please join us in celebrating some of our esteemed colleagues who make Paytronix the most advanced digital guest experience platform.
This has been a year of rapid change: restaurants and convenience stores alike were forced to make quick pivots in how they approach guest engagement, technology, and business operations.
During times of tumultuous change, solid brand leadership becomes even more critical to success. During PXUX 2020, Chief Executive of Market Platform Dynamics Karen Webster led a panel of other chief executives in conversation about how the hospitality and convenience landscapes have changed over the past few months, and how they’ve positioned their brands to weather the Covid-19 pandemic.
Speaking about their brands’ strategies were:
- Gus Olympidis, CEO, Family Express
- Simon Richards, CEO, Thorntons
- Ray Wiley, founder, Hot Head Burritos and Rapid Fired Pizza
- Ryan Dion, CEO, 110 Grill Restaurant Group
- Adam Halberg, CEO, Barcelona Wine Bar
These leaders described the ways they’ve led their brands through monumental changes this year, about the investments they’ve made that are already paying off, and about how they’re supporting their employees, an essential piece of the puzzle. The panel left attendees with five key takeaways:
- Meet guests where they’re comfortable. Whether it’s understanding shifts in consumer behavior or using traditional loyalty channels, use technology to create multiple opportunities for the guests to engage with the brand.
- Create technology ecosystems, not silos. Consumer preference and public health guidelines shift rapidly, so the guest-facing technology will need to keep pace. Ensure each piece of technology, from fuel pumps to mobile apps, works together to adapt to this changing environment.
For the remaining three takeaways, download your free infographic here.
Last month, a panel of highly accomplished restaurant and convenience store marketers sat down with “brand whisperer” Arjun Sen to share what they’ve learned this year and to impart their messaging wisdom during Paytronix’ annual User’s Conference.
Sen, the CEO and founder of ZenMango, has made major impacts in the restaurant and retail industries, and previously led Papa John’s 3,000 restaurants through four years of record growth. Joining Sen for the fireside chat were:
- Adam Fox, Director, Digital Experience & Media, Qdoba Restaurant Corporation
- Teresa Muehlenkamp, Marketing Director, Andy’s Frozen Custard
- Derek Gaskins, Chief Marketing Officer, Yesway Convenience Stores
- Alex Black, Director of Marketing CRM and Analytics, Papa Murphy’s International
These marketing all-stars described the ways they’re weathering the coronavirus pandemic by fostering a strong relationship between brand and consumer – and leveraging that relationship to drive not just sales, but word-of-mouth marketing campaigns.
Learn from these top-tier marketers and download your free infographic here.