At this year’s fifth annual Paytronix user conference, PXUX 2019, members of the Paytronix team and current customers shared their “up top” moments. These reasons to celebrate might involve achieving personal success, crushing company goals, or staying “up top” and ahead of the competition.
Everyone who joined us in Denver learned a lot over the course of the two days. But if you couldn’t attend PXUX this year, here are five ways that you can have an “up top” moment too:
- Harness the power of one platform. Coordinating multiple vendors adds complexity to your marketing strategy. When you work with one platform rather than having to spend time and energy managing multiple relationships, you can focus on what matters most. There are also fantastic benefits of using multiple parts of the platform in tandem. Customers with loyalty cards containing stored value spend 120% more than those with loyalty only. Meanwhile, when gift cards are redeemed through online ordering, there is a 6% increase in average check size, and when loyalty is added to online ordering, there is an 18% increase in ordering frequency.
- Create huge wins with artificial intelligence. Your customer data is incredibly powerful and can be used to not only predict behavior, but also influence it. Crafting promotions that prompt incremental visits and spend from individuals instead of segments will have a significant impact on your sales. Our data insights customers who implemented a one-to-one visit challenge achieved an impressive sales increase of 496%.
- Make customer recovery easy. As hard as you try, sometimes things go wrong and your guests have a bad experience. But resolving the matter with a face-to-face interaction isn’t always possible. When customers respond to a post-purchase survey and indicate that they’re dissatisfied, the restaurant manager can send an automated message that addresses a common complaint like food quality or delivery time. A swift response can lessen the sting of a negative experience, and it may also pay dividends down the road. In fact, guests who rate their experience between 0 and 3 stars (out of 5) and then receive a response from the restaurant are 11% more likely to order again.
- Engage your guests with the right messages at the right times and in the right places. Our team shared both the content and deployment of 11 campaigns that proved to be effective in reaching customers. Choosing from email, text, push/pull, and geofencing depends on the message and what’s likely to be most successful. For instance, considering a guest’s local time will help your emails land right when you want them to. You can also measure engagement on different media through multiuse coupon codes.
- Update a successful promo. Just because something is successful doesn’t mean it can’t be improved. One way for the old to be made new again is by incorporating click-to-load offers into emails. These promotions require a click on a call to action before the offer is added to a guest’s account. They reduce cannibalization by not applying the offer to customers who may have purchased the item anyway. In one example of a brand testing click-to-load, the spending lift for the control group was 120%, but guests who were given a click-to-load offer produced a spending lift of 260%.
Next year’s event promises many more “up top” moments. Be sure to join us in Boston on September 16th and 17th for PXUX 2020! In the meantime, scroll through the slideshow below to see some of this year’s highlights.