Position: IT Generalist
Paytronix is an Application Service Provider (ASP) that offers a full range of loyalty, gift, comp, email, and mobile solutions to help merchants increase sales, identify their customers, and improve customer satisfaction.We have hundreds of active clients who together use the Paytronix software in thousands of locations. Paytronix card-holders number in the millions and use Paytronix gift cards across the United States.
Paytronix is a small, technology-focused organization. We are committed to continuous improvement and high-quality engineering processes. Your attention to detail, willingness to learn, creative problem-solving, and consistent execution will directly contribute to the success of our business.
The individual will be working with a small team of experienced engineers supporting a web-based solution that provides gift and loyalty card processing, and email marketing for retail merchants. The development and testing is done in various platforms – Windows, Linux and Mac OS X - using a variety of commercial and Open Source tools. The production site uses various platforms like Linux, Windows, different set of database servers, and many networking devices like firewalls, load balancers, monitoring tools, etc…
The IT Generalist will be primarily responsible for supporting office staff, developers and test environments. This will require many types of projects, in a variety of environments, with a variety of deadlines.
- Maintain Active Directory Domain and File Servers for the main and remote offices, as well as BCP (Business Continuity Plan)
- Support the full range of office environment systems, including end user workstations, network printers, servers, phones, applications, and third-party services.
- Maintain Exchange email services: users, distribution lists, connections to mobile devices, etc…
- Office technology purchasing and asset tracking
- Support, maintain, document, and extend the capabilities of the office network, including network maintenance tasks on critical systems to ensure up-time and normal operations
- Support the project of moving the main office to a new location
- Communicate technical and non-technical information to a variety of audiences
- 2+ years PC Hardware support including laptops, desktops, and servers; or comparable college degree
- Excellent written skills. The job requires that all actions taken are documented in details in the ticketing system, the wiki, test plans, emails and other forms of communication
- Excellent verbal communication skills. Must be able to effectively work and communicate with other teams within the company. The person will be in constant communications with other organizations within Paytronix
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience supporting software development teams and environments
- Must own a car – the position will require periodic travel
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 to 75 pounds
- Must be able, periodically, to work outside normal business hours (i.e. early mornings, evenings and weekends) to support critical systems.
We want to talk to people who either have established some expertise in one or some of the areas below, or have decided to pursue a career path on them:
- Database administrators: install, configure, setup maintenance plan and database jobs, backup and restore, etc…
- Networking: firewalls, routers, load balancers, DNS, BGP, etc…
- Scripting: shell scripting, python
- Device and traffic monitoring: Nagios, Cacti, PRTG, Zabbix
For more information contact email@example.com